A natural disaster can strike at any time. Take time now to:
- Document valuables – including by photographing or videotaping the contents of your home.
- Review and update your emergency plans annually. Visit Gov for help with planning.
- Create electronic copies of key documents such as bank statements, tax returns, identification documents and insurance policies.
- Watch the free webinar from the IRS “Staying Afloat: Planning for Emergencies Before They Happen” on their website at www.irs.gov.
- Visit the National Weather Service website for hurricane preparedness and storm tips at www.weather.gov.